Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summertime, and the Eats are Good!


Last night's dinner was the culinary definition of summer, as far as I'm concerned. Out on our screened-in porch, we dined on:
  • Early sweet corn-on-the-cob from the Park Ridge Farmers Market; http://www.parkridge.us/farmers_market/default.aspx
  • Grilled asparagus, again thanks to some not-too-distant farmers;
  • Grown-in-water tomatoes, also purchased at the Farmers Market, paired with my own basil, plus some fresh mozz, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for my favorite salad;
  • Steak from the local butcher;
  • And an old-fashioned ice cream Drumstick.
My Drumstick fell on David Zinczenko's list of the five worst summertime ice cream treats. He recommended the "lil drum" version of the frozen ice cream cone.

Thanks, but no thanks on this one. I like ya, Dave, I try to do what you suggest, but when it comes to my summertime treats, I won't cut corners.

Bon appetit, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment