Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Used to Love Weekends ...

I've been trying to stay positive about this weather -- the cold, the wind, the snow. Overall, I'm actually OK with it, even with the roof's ice dam creating an indoor waterfall in my kitchen. Having Dolly (my new dog!!! ... a blog or two to be penned soon) has helped, well, has forced me to learn to bundle up and get outside no matter what Mother Nature is doing. Or maybe it has something to do with my Scandinavian heritage. The cold doesn't bother me so much, really.

It's the never-ending Christmas vacation (and c'mon, it's a Christmas vacation because if it were a 'winter break' it would start mid-winter, like now, not at Christmas), and now it's the never-ending weekend that's doing me in.

I love my kids. I love spending time with my kids. I love being creative and spontaneous and fun. But my kids have an energy that could fuel a nuclear reactor. And, dammit, I've got stuff to do. Yesterday I wore them out at the local (indoor, duh!) swimming pool. Today it was shoe shopping and closet cleaning. Clearly I won't win 'mother of the year' this year. Again. Boo hoo.

Just now my oldest guy needed the computer, this computer, the only computer in our home, to finish his homework, but it's been days since I've been able to sit down in front of it and delete the hundreds of unread emails that have come in over the weekend. So I told him, "No, I have important work to do and you had all day, in fact you had the past four days to do whatever it is you needed to do."

Which is why I threw together this post, which is really about nothing. And it's not important, per se. I figured it's been six months since my last post, and a little more than six months since I promised to write weekly, so it was time to get back on the horse. Again.

So, stay warm, stay safe and stay tuned. Now to those unread emails. Delete, delete, delete.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment